GIS Master questions
- How do I load GISMaster for AutoCAD 2000 or 2000i?
- On Register, get “unrecognized command” or “unsupported operation”.
- An error occurred during the move data process: -115.
- Error: “Polyline has multiple parts. Only 1 allowed.”
- The GISMaster command “LINE” not recognized
- App Error: Invalid layer type 0.
- Registry access error in CAppSettings::SetRegVal(): Access is denied
First, make sure you have the latest installation set.
Once GISMaster is sucessfully installed, open AutoCAD. At the Command Prompt, type “GISMASTER”. The GisMaster menu should appear on the right-side end of the menu bar.
Make sure you are using the latest ARX for AutoCAD.
The GISMaster ARX file may not be properly installed or loaded. Use AutoCAD’s APPLOAD command to load the GISM ARX. Can use “Autoload” folder have the ARX always load.
OR, try reinstalling using the latest GISMaster installation.
If you get this message during installation of GISMaster, make sure the installation set properly copied from the CD. Make sure the installation files are in a temporary directory other than the program directory (ie C:/Program Files/GISM) which is your target for the installation.
This is caused by exploding polyline into lines, which causes the drawing to have multiple entities with the same ID#. Solution: User needs to manually re-number the lines created that way.
GISMaster drawing commands may not work with non-English versions of AutoCAD, because of a mismatch between drawing entity terms in our LISP code and AutoCAD’s drawing commands. Here are 2 options to allow your localized AutoCAD to work with GISMaster.
1. Open the .MNU file with a text editor program, such as NotePad. Find the place where it refers to “LINE” in the instructions, and replace that with the appropriate local language AutoCAD term for “LINE” command. This should allow you to use the GISMASTER / DRAWING TOOLS / DRAW LINK WITH LINE command without getting the message at the AutoCAD command prompt that “the command “LINE” is not recognized”.
The GISMaster menu is only a “short-cut” for typing the actual AutoCAD commands at the prompt. If you change the actual AutoCAD command listed in the MNU file, then it should work properly.
2. Instead of using the GISMASTER menu to draw lines, use the local language AutoCAD command for a standard line — whatever it is — or a standard light-weight polyline. GISMASTER / REGISTER ENTITIES should still work, because it doesn’t have the translation problem.
You must follow Hydra’s naming convention for layers in AutoCAD. Layers must be named SY_, SE_, LU_, PA, or DR_. Use the GISMaster menu or AutoCAD layer control to create a layer or rename an existing layer.
You don’t have full access to the Windows registry. Re-install AutoCAD and/or GISMaster with full access settings.