Questions on Hydraulic Analysis Results
Why are my analysis results not what I think they should be?
These are answers to questions frequently asked by project engineers after initial review of hydraulic analysis results.
- Why are the flows in the system less than what I would expect?
- Why are the flows in the system more than what I would expect?
- Why is the hydraulic grade line (HGL) higher above a pump than I expect? Advanced feature on overflow modeling.
- Why are my Peaking Factor Method flows higher than I would expect?
- Why do the sum of my peak flows below a diversion structure add up to more than the flows above the diversion structure?
- Why do I get no flow in my system?
- Why is the hydraulic grade line (HGL) higher than the d/D value flows in the pipe?
- Why is the hydrograph window Maximum Discharge different than the DesignQ value for some entities?
- Why are the results different than they were before?
- Issues on Preserve Peak vs Preserve Volume relating to pumps and reservoirs.
- Why don’t the component flow values add up precisely to the hydrograph total?
- Why do my design pipes or replacement pipes have unexpected diameter, slope, invert, etc?